Friday, May 25, 2012

Disney/Pixar The Incredibles Movie Night

Our third movie night was just incredible! *wink wink*  We celebrated with some superheroes tonight!  The Incredibles is one of our family's favorites.

dinner time
For decorations, I used some of the signage I had left over from Stephen's 5th Superhero Birthday Party.  I also made some Incredibles logo signs on my Cricut to hang with it.  Our centerpiece was an image of the family I found online, printed on cardstock and rigged to stand up.  I then put some comic strip "sound effect" signage around them.  The food signage I made is available here, for free, if you'd like to use it.

Dinner tonight was Super "Hero" Sandwiches, Elastigirl's Twisty Pasta Salad, Dash's Fast Fries, Violet's Disappearing Fruit Salad and we washed it down with Frozone's Milkshakes.



The kids hid their secret identities under some cardstock masks and cuffs.  You can print your own here.  (Our cuffs were made from paper towel tubes, that I painted black, but I suggest printing these since you can make them right on black cardstock and skip the painting step.)  The kids decorated their cuffs with foam stickers after dinner.



movie time

Over the dessert/movie snack table I used more of the left over signage from Stephen's 5th Superhero Birthday Party plus part of a mural I painted for his bedroom back when he thought superheroes were all that.  I knew it'd come in handy again some day.

For movie snacks we enjoyed Bomb Voyage's Peanut Butter Bombs (I stuck black licorice strings in them for the "fuse"), Underminer's Worms in Dirt, Omnidroids (mini Oreos), Cracker Jack-Jack and Syndrome's Sippers.

craft time
Tonight's craft was "Create your own superhero".  I printed out a blank body template and the kids colored them while they watched the movie.  Stephen's super power was super strength, like Mr. Incredible.  Sami's was invisibility, like Violet.






Looking for more Disney Movie Night ideas?
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I am loving all of your themed dinners. I am a sucker for a play on words kinda food affair. I tried clicking your link to follow you on pinterest and its not working, it may be a pinterest thing going on at the moment. What is your name on pinterest so I can search for you and start following you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! The link was messed up, but I fixed it. Should work now. If not, my name is Lisa Cox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, It is lovely!!!
    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this idea! What did you use for the Syndrome Sippers?Thank you for all the hard work you put into sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're small apple juice bottles. I covered the label with black paper and added an "S". The "hair" is just a orange piece of paper taped to the cap.

      Delete
  5. Wow! This is just great! I hope I can also do this kind of dinner themed party for my kids. By the way, I also found a great post for Frozen Themed Birthday Party here.

    ReplyDelete